A few years ago when the book “The Secret” came out and everyone was going crazy over it, I was too young to really care about it. Fast forward years later, more specifically, to last night, and it’s a completely different story.
Last night, I was browsing through Netflix and saw that the documentary “The Secret” had been added as a new title to watch. I now believe in the power of positive thinking, and how that can have a huge effect on your life, and being Colorholica, I do try to think positive every single day, so I decided to (finally) see what “The Secret” was all about. Turns out, it’s exactly that. The Secret is about the “law of attraction”, which is the idea that thoughts are energy. Energy influences the world. So positive thoughts create positive energy, and attract positive things, and same with negativity. It’s the idea that you can take control of your own life, make your own destiny through positive thinking and visualization. Basically, you can get that job, move to that amazing house you’ve always wanted, get that thing you’ve always dreamed of, etc…. you can have it all….you just have to think you already have it. Think BIG…think positive….see it, and grab it.
SO I started thinking, in my life, how many times I’ve thought about something I REALLY wanted and actually gotten it. Here are some of the MAJOR times I’ve found that the Law of Attraction actually worked for me:
- Moving to Lebanon- I had always wanted to leave Miami at some point and move to a foreign country and have a big adventure. I thought about it for years, obsessively sometimes, coming up with different scenarios and then one day….it just happened! Without me even realizing it, I had put my dream into action!
- Finding my soulmate- Since I was 13, I had dreamed of finding my soul mate. The man of my dreams. I wrote down characteristics I wanted him to have, personality, looks, etc…I even started writing him letters, as if he were a real person. Years and years later, I found him and we are married!
- In Beirut, there’s this Christmas art fair in Downtown, and it’s quite an event to be a part of. I had really wanted to be a part of it, and wished and wished and last Christmas, 2016, it came true! I had my own booth, in a great location too!
- I always wanted a sweet, cuddly kitten, and I’ve been wanting one for a while now. Every time I see a kitten, I wish I could have one too, and I picture it in my mind, and wish hard, imagining various scenarios, petting him, hearing him purr, etc….well, last night, I finally adopted one!
- I wanted to teach a course at a university, and I had said “The only class I’d EVER teach is Creative Writing”, and guess what I got? Yep.
So…there are the top 5 pieces of evidence for me. I’d love to know if any of you have tried this and what has/has not worked for you. Let me know in the comments!