So last night, my husband’s good friend passed away. It was sudden and shocking for everyone. My husband had been texting him the night before and nothing seemed to be wrong. Twenty four hours later, we got news that he had suffered a heart attack and passed away. Just like that, he was gone. I never actually met him, but I heard stories about him through my husband and he seemed like a really good person.
This news came after I had cried and made a huge deal about (now looking back) some stupid, insignificant little thing, and it just put everything into perspective.
It just made me reflect on how fragile life is and how we don’t really pay attention to how precious it really is, and how it can all end in a split second. It’s scary when you think about it. So I guess what I’m trying to say is:
- Don’t take life for granted. Live life. Get out there and LIVE. Don’t let life pass you by without enjoy it, or taking advantage of what it has to offer.Travel, experience new things, as many as possible, live in the moment but also stay safe. If it won’t be harmful to you or others, do it, whatever it may be. The more you experience, the more you live.
- Be true to who you are. Life is short. There’s no time to be someone else. Show your true colors and shine and screw those who don’t like it.
- Keep people around you who are inspiring, who care about you and who love you for who you are. Drop the rest. You don’t need negative people around you to bring you down.
- Shoot for your dreams and NEVER GIVE UP HOPE. The more you think about it, and put effort into getting what you want, the closer you get to it!
- Above all, love. Love your friends, family and be compassionate. You won’t be remembered for being rich, famous and a jerk. You’ll be remembered for what you DO that helped someone.
By no means is this list over, but I’ll stop here and leave the rest up to you! What other things would you add to this list? Comment down below!